Blaine, TX


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Blaine was a farming community thirty-three miles southeast of Canton in southeastern Van Zandt County. A Blaine post office was established in 1893 and discontinued in 1907. A black school established at the site by 1890 reached an enrollment of seventeen in 1903. At its height Blaine had a black Methodist church, but the community never appeared on state highway maps and had no recorded population estimates.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Blaine, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/blaine-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Blaine
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County
Associated Names

Londy

Preston