Beatriz Blanco, journalist, is one of the women of El México de Afuera ("Mexico Abroad"), a group of Mexican exiles who left Mexico during the Mexican Revolution of 1910. Members of this group saw themselves as foreigners living in the United States only until they were able to return to their mother country. When these exiles, forced to leave Mexico because of their political ideology, arrived in the United States, they started Spanish-language newspapers, opened bookstores, and started other businesses. Beatriz Blanco was one of the few women who worked at La Prensa, a newspaper founded on February 13, 1913, by Ignacio E. Lozano, a prominent member of El México de Afuera. Blanco and two other women from Mexico, Hortensia Elizondo and Rosario Sansores, were members of the editorial board of La Prensa. In the 1920s and 1930s, Beatriz Blanco edited the Página del Hogar y de las Damas ("Home and Ladies' Page") of La Prensa. Like many other members of El México de Afuera, she had strong emotional and cultural ties to Mexico, was Catholic, believed in Our Lady of Guadalupe, and had a strong commitment to keeping the Mexican culture and Spanish language alive among her compatriots in the United States. She was a short-story writer, essayist, and critic. Her work, which often appeared in her section of the paper, was strongly influenced by her religion. La Prensa served as a vehicle to promote the faith and ideology of El México de Afuera. In San Antonio, Blanco was president of the Club Mexicano de Bellas Artes, a social club whose membership was composed predominantly of exiled Mexican women. The club served as a gathering center for women of the colonia mexicana. It fostered solidarity among Mexican women in the community, provided emotional support to them, and reinforced their cultural ties to Mexico. In 1940, Beatriz Blanco returned to Mexico.