William Bloodgood, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists, a native of either New York or New Jersey, was born around 1800 and traveled to Texas in 1824 with the Enoch Brinson family. Bloodgood's wife, the former Lucy Ballow, and Mrs. Brinson were sisters. Bloodgood received title to a sitio of land now in Chambers and Harris counties on August 10, 1824. The census of March 1826 listed him as a carpenter aged between twenty-five and forty, with a wife and a son. Brinson and Bloodgood had a disagreement over the boundary between their land on Cedar Bayou in 1827. In June 1834 William B. Travis was employed by Bloodgood to write a deed of land to W. D. Smith. By June 1835, when Bloodgood made out a character certificate and application for land at Nacogdoches, he had three children. On March 21, 1838, he received a bounty warrant for 320 acres from the secretary of war or the republic for his military service from May 8 to August 8, 1836. On October 16, 1867, 320 acres in Refugio County was patented to Henry Smith, Bloodgood's assignee. Bloodgood served on a Harrisburg grand jury in March 1838. In January 1846 he was present at a Harris County meeting to nominate a sheriff. He was still living in Harris County in 1850, when he was fifty years old.