Blue Hollow


By: Jordan E. Pybas

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Blue Hollow begins in northwestern Cooke County (at 33°49' N, 97°18' W) and runs north for two miles, through the southwest corner of Warrens Bend valley, to its mouth on the Red River (at 33°52' N, 97°18' W). A levee was built on the east bank of the hollow in the early 1900s to prevent the creek or the Red River from changing course. Local sources indicate that the hollow was named after one or both of the Blue brothers, Orasmus and William, who arrived at Warrens Bend before 1850.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Jordan E. Pybas, “Blue Hollow,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/blue-hollow.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994