Blue Springs, TX (Van Zandt County)


By: Diana J. Kleiner

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Blue Springs, a farming community on State Highway 64 two miles northwest of Canton in northwest Van Zandt County, had a school by 1890; its enrollment reached thirty-one in 1905. State highway maps of 1936 showed a church and scattered dwellings at the townsite. The school was consolidated with the Canton Independent School District in the 1950s. By 1987 only a single business remained at the site, which was no longer listed as a community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Diana J. Kleiner, “Blue Springs, TX (Van Zandt County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/blue-springs-tx-van-zandt-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Blue Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Van Zandt County