Bly, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Bly was six miles north of Mount Pleasant in northern Titus County. A post office opened there in 1893, with George W. Bistline as postmaster. In 1896 the settlement had a gin, a mill, a blacksmith shop, and a population of twenty-five. Its post office was closed in 1908, and by 1936 Bly no longer existed.

Wright Patman, History of Post Offices–First Congressional District of Texas (Texarkana, Texas, 1946?).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Bly, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bly-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Bly
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Titus County
Associated Names

Cox