Bobville is at the crossing of Bobville Road and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, a mile south of Dobbin and twenty miles west of Conroe in western Montgomery County. In 1878 the Central and Montgomery Railway line from Navasota to Montgomery was built through the Bobville area. A man named Glen, who worked for the Santa Fe line, named the water tank and depot. The community was established sometime after 1887 as a lumber-shipping point on the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe. Around 1906–07 the Trinity and Brazos Valley Railway came through a mile east of Bobville, and some businesses and residents moved to Bobbin, later called Dobbin, on the railroad junction. By 1910 Bobville had a population of 100. A post office operated there from 1911 to 1919. By 1915 Bobville had a population of 200, a telephone connection, and three general stores. The town had a church and several scattered dwellings during the mid-1940s. Though a 1986 map showed Bobville with a railroad switch and several houses near the rail line, by 1990 the Bobville switch and depot were gone, and only a few ranches off Bobville Road and a few stores east of town remained.