Bogus Springs, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bogus Springs was in the Rodessa oilfield a mile east of McLeod in southeastern Cass County. The community had ten residents and one rated business in the mid-1930s and twenty residents and one business in the mid-1950s. By 1986 Bogus Springs no longer existed as a named community. In the early 1900s there was a community in Cass County named Baugus Springs, after the local Baugus family. This was probably an earlier name for the same settlement.

Atlanta (Texas) Citizens Journal, August 4, 11, 1904. Cass County Cemeteries: Texas Records (Atlanta, Texas: Cass County Genealogical Society, 1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Bogus Springs, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bogus-springs-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bogus Springs
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Cass County
Associated Names

Baugus-

Bauguss

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.96900000°
  • Longitude: -94.05466600°