The Bohemian, published quarterly from 1899 to 1905 by a Fort Worth club called Our Literary Club in Bohemia, claimed to be the "first and only literary magazine, not of Texas alone, but of the South." The club and magazine were founded in 1898 by Mrs. Henrie C. L. Gorman and others for self-improvement and the development of Southern literature. Business and professional men, teachers, and other amateur writers contributed factual articles, fiction, and poetry. The World's Fair Edition in 1904 featured articles on Texas history. The magazine collapsed for lack of funds.