Bolt, TX


By: Alice Gray Upchurch

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bolt, on lower Simpson Creek in eastern San Saba County, was named for William James Bolt, who operated a saloon and store at the site from 1854 to 1857. There James Barnet had a blacksmith shop operated by slave labor.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Alice Gray Upchurch, “Bolt, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bolt-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bolt
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Saba County