Bonners Mills, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Bonners Mills was a short-lived settlement on the Neches River in southwestern Angelina County. A post office opened there in 1876 but was closed the next year. The community was evidently named for W. H. Bonner, who operated a mill and served briefly as postmaster in 1877. The settlement had apparently been abandoned by the early 1880s.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Bonners Mills, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 18, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bonners-mills-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Bonners Mills
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Angelina County
Associated Names

Bonner's -