Bonnie View, TX


By: Hobart Huson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bonnie View is on Farm Road 629 in southern Refugio County, on acreage formerly a part of the Bonnie View Ranch of John Howland Wood. The area was colonized by settlers primarily of German and Bohemian descent. In 1907–08, when the ranch was divided into farm lots, local farmers established a trading community that included a store, a gin, and a school. In 1948 Bonnie View had several farms clustered around two businesses. By 1988 the population had dwindled to twenty-five, where it remained in 1990. In 2000 the population was 135.

Hobart Huson, Refugio: A Comprehensive History of Refugio County from Aboriginal Times to 1953 (2 vols., Woodsboro, Texas: Rooke Foundation, 1953, 1955).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Hobart Huson, “Bonnie View, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bonnie-view-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bonnie View
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1331062
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Refugio County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 28.16778890°
  • Longitude: -97.29999260°
Population Counts
People Year
97 2009