Borrego, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Borrego was on the south bank of the San Antonio River sixteen miles southeast of downtown San Antonio in southeastern Bexar County. It was established around 1900, and by the mid-1930s it had a school, a church, a store, and a number of houses. With the growth of San Antonio after World War II Borrego gradually lost its separate identity, and by the 1950s it was no longer shown on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Borrego, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/borrego-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading