Boynton, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Boynton was on the Texas and New Orleans Railroad ten miles southeast of Huntington in southeastern Angelina County. The settlement was founded in 1904 by the Boynton Lumber Company, which built a sawmill at the site. The mill had a daily capacity of 25,000 board feet and at its height employed seventy-five men. The company closed the mill in 1908, and within a short time the town was abandoned. In the early 1990s only a few scattered houses remained in the area.

Angelina County Historical Survey Committee, Land of the Little Angel: A History of Angelina County, Texas, ed. Bob Bowman (Lufkin, Texas: Lufkin Printing, 1976).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Boynton, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/boynton-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Boynton
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379451
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Angelina County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.23574460°
  • Longitude: -94.42964630°