Brazos, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Brazos, on Farm Road 129 and the Missouri Pacific Railroad in southeastern Palo Pinto County, was established when the Texas and Pacific Railway reached the area in 1880. The community was named for the Brazos River, which the railroad crossed at its site. The town had a population of 113 and four stores by 1940. Its population was reported as forty-seven in 1980 and 1990, but rose to ninety-seven by 2000.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Brazos, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 23, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/brazos-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Brazos
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1331213
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Palo Pinto County
Associated Names

Angoria

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 32.66151980°
  • Longitude: -98.12198830°
Population Counts
People Year
97 2009