Bright Star, TX (Rains County)

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bright Star is on Farm Road 2795 six miles southeast of Emory in eastern Rains County. It was founded around the time of the Civil War. During the 1930s it had a church, a school, two businesses, and a population of fifty. The school and both of the businesses closed after World War II. In the early 1990s the church and a community center still remained, and in 1990 the reported population was seventy-five. By 2000 the population had grown to 592.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Bright Star, TX (Rains County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bright-star-tx-rains-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Loading