Bright, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Bright, eight miles north of Dawson in western Navarro County, was probably established in the late 1890s. A post office opened there in 1900 and operated until 1904. At its height around 1900 the community had a store, a gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s Bright was no longer shown on highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Bright, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 25, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bright-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading