Enoch Brinson, one of Stephen F. Austin's Old Three Hundred colonists, moved from Louisiana to Texas before August 7, 1824, when he received title to a sitio now in Harris County. The census of 1826 classified him as a farmer and stock raiser aged between twenty-five and forty, with a wife, Eliza. Brinson was living on San Jacinto Bay in October 1826, when he protested Dr. Johnson C. Hunter's charges for surveying. Brinson was at one time a surveyor for the Coahuila and Texas government. By April 1827 he had bought part of the William Bloodgood league, and on July 10, 1830, the Texas Gazette carried an announcement that Enoch Brinson had opened a blacksmith shop and a house of private entertainment. In 1835 C. C. Cox described Brinson as a hospitable Baptist who had lost an eye and wore a tuft of hair over where the eye had been. At that time Mrs. Brinson was milking thirty or forty cows and selling produce in Galveston. On March 23, 1838, Brinson and a woman named Delilah Sharr were indicted for fornication; Brinson married a Delilah Bell, possibly the same person, in Harrisburg County (later Harris County) on September 22, 1838. In March 1839 he was administering the Page Balow estate, and in 1844 he served on a grand jury in Houston.