Broadview, TX


By: Charles G. Davis

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Broadview is on U.S. Highway 84 and the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway, within a mile of the northwestern city limit of Lubbock in Lubbock County. A small settlement grew up around a Santa Fe switch, named Broadview by railroad company officials, when the line built through the area in 1913. The rural school of North West Ward existed for a time near the switch and also served as a church for various denominations. A man named Watson established the Broadview gin in 1932. Although businesses and expanding developments have all but enveloped the area, the Broadview gin and railroad switch operated into the mid-1980s. In 1978 the Broadview Baptist Church was established on Farm Road 2528, about two miles southwest of the rail switch. Church membership in the mid-1980s was some 400.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Charles G. Davis, “Broadview, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/broadview-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Broadview
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379457
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Lubbock County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.63675110°
  • Longitude: -101.92794710°