Brown's Valley, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Brown's Valley, near Farm Road 636 four miles northwest of Kerens in southeastern Navarro County, was probably established before 1900. At one time it had a church, a store, and a gin. By the mid-1930s only a few scattered houses remained. Children in the area attended school in Kerens or Bazette. In the early 1990s Brown's Valley was a dispersed rural community.

Annie Carpenter Love, History of Navarro County (Dallas: Southwestern, 1933).

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Brown's Valley, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/browns-valley-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading