Broxson, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Broxson was eight miles northeast of Lovelady in south central Houston County. It was established in the late 1880s, and a post office opened there in 1890 with G. W. Broxson, after whom the community was named, as the postmaster. Around 1900 the settlement had a general store, a school, and a number of houses. The post office closed in 1902. By the mid-1930s Broxson no longer appeared on highway maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Broxson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 28, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/broxson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Loading