Broyles Chapel, TX


By: Laurie E. Jasinski

Type: General Entry

Published: August 26, 2004


Broyles Chapel is a rural community located on Farm Road 320 about four miles west of Palestine in west central Anderson County. The town may have begun sometime in the 1800s and was probably named for members of the Broyles family, early settlers in Anderson County who operated sawmills and planing mills in the area. Broyles Chapel had a population of forty in 2000, and the settlement consisted of churches and a community center. Broyles Chapel Cemetery contained marked graves that date back as early as 1902.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Laurie E. Jasinski, “Broyles Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/broyles-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

August 26, 2004

Place
Broyles Chapel
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1353007
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Anderson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.76433690°
  • Longitude: -95.71190210°
Population Counts
People Year
60 2014