Brush Prairie, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: November 1, 1994


Brush Prairie, also known as Brushy Creek, is off Farm Road 1280 eleven miles northwest of Groveton in northwestern Trinity County. It was founded around 1900. In the early 1990s the Zion Hill Church and cemetery and a number of scattered houses still remained in the area.

Patricia B. and Joseph W. Hensley, eds., Trinity County Beginnings (Groveton, Texas: Trinity County Book Committee, 1986). Trinity County Historical Commission, Trinity County Cemeteries (Burnet, Texas: Nortex, 1980).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Brush Prairie, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/brush-prairie-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

November 1, 1994

Place
Brush Prairie
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Trinity County
Associated Names

Brushy Creek

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.09073930°
  • Longitude: -95.30771740°