The Bryan and Central Texas Interurban Railway Company was chartered on April 11, 1913. By 1915 the company, with the encouragement of the Houston and Texas Central, had completed eleven miles between Bryan and Bryan Junction and slightly over twelve miles from Interurban Junction to Whittaker. The B&CTI entered receivership in January 1915. Available records indicate that the B&CTI did not operate its railroad as the company contracted with the Houston and Texas Central to provide freight service and with Mr. S. S. Hunter to handle the passenger business. The line was out of service during 1922 and was abandoned the following year.