The Bryan and College Interurban Railway Company was chartered on March 21, 1910. In 1911 the road built five miles of track between Bryan and College Station, and in 1916 an additional 1½ miles was constructed between Bryan and Villa Maria. Although primarily a passenger carrier, the line also handled express. The company did not exercise its authority to carry freight. Competition from private automobiles led to the abandonment of the interurban in 1923.