Budconnor, TX


By: Robert Wooster

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Budconnor, on the Beaumont, Sour Lake and Western Railway in extreme southwestern Hardin County, was named for one of the railroad's claim agents. The community was established as a logging camp by the Kirby Lumber Company (see KIRBY, JOHN HENRY) shortly after the railroad built its extension from Grayburg to Houston in 1908. A local post office opened in 1910. The Kirby operations, which included logging for the Thompson and Ford Lumber Company, continued until 1918, when the camp was abandoned. The community's post office was discontinued the next year.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Robert Wooster, “Budconnor, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/budconnor-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994