Buena Vista, TX (Ellis County)


By: Lisa C. Maxwell

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Buena Vista was on Farm Road 1446 six miles west of Waxahachie in western Ellis County. Its name, Spanish for "good view," derives from its hilltop location. By 1894 it had a school with eighty-six pupils. From 1915 to 1945 its school offered grades one through nine. In 1947 Buena Vista had a population of eighty, a church, and a school. The Buena Vista school was consolidated with the Waxahachie Independent School District in 1951. The town was no longer shown on county highway maps by the 1970s.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Lisa C. Maxwell, “Buena Vista, TX (Ellis County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/buena-vista-tx-ellis-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Buena Vista
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ellis County