Buffalo Camp Bayou


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Buffalo Camp Bayou, formerly known as Buffalo Creek, rises six miles southwest of Angleton in south central Brazoria County (at 29°04' N, 95°31' W) and flows five miles southeast to its mouth on the Brazos River (at 29°02' N, 95°29' W). In 1954 Dow Chemical Company impounded sources of the creek for industrial use. The stream traverses flat terrain with local shallow depressions, surfaced by clay and sandy loam that supports water-tolerant hardwoods, conifers, and grasses.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Buffalo Camp Bayou,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 18, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/buffalo-camp-bayou.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994