Buler, TX


By: H. Allen Anderson

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Buler, on State Highway 70 in south central Ochiltree County, was named for Davis H. Buller, who owned and operated a store there for several years. A local post office was established in June 1922 with Buller as postmaster, but it was discontinued at the advent of rural mail delivery from Perryton in November 1924. In 1940 Buler reported a population of twenty-five, but by 1950 its store had ceased operation, depriving the community of its center. In the 1980s a grain elevator stood about two miles south of the townsite at the intersection of State Highway 70 and Farm Road 281.

Wheatheart of the Plains: An Early History of Ochiltree County (Perryton, Texas: Ochiltree County Historical Survey Committee, 1969).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

H. Allen Anderson, “Buler, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 20, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/buler-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Buler
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Ochiltree County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 36.14650000°
  • Longitude: -100.81737600°