Bullard Creek (Hall County)


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bullard Creek rises in central Hall County (at 34°28' N, 100°39' W) and runs north five miles to its mouth on the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River (at 34°32' N, 100°39' W). It was once part of the old Mill Iron Ranch range (see CONTINENTAL LAND AND CATTLE COMPANY). The stream passes through an area of moderately steep slopes with loamy soils in which grow mesquite and grasses. The area around the junction of the Red River, the Little Red River, and Bullard Creek was popular with ancient peoples from 7,000 years ago until historic times. There were once excellent springs on Bullard Creek.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Bullard Creek (Hall County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bullard-creek-hall-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994