The Bulletin of the Texas Archeological Society, published annually since 1929 (except in 1944), is the principal publication of the Texas Archeological Society. The bulletin, from 1929 to 1952 entitled Bulletin of the Texas Archeological and Paleontological Society, was published at Abilene under the editorship of Cyrus N. Ray from 1929 to 1946 (volumes 1–17) and at Lubbock under William Curry Holden from 1947 to 1952 (volumes 18–23). From 1952 to 1965 the bulletin was published at Austin under successive editors Alex D. Krieger, E. Mott Davis, T. N. Campbell, and Dee Ann Suhm. Several special topic volumes have been published, including An Introductory Handbook of Texas Archeology (Volume 25), by Dee Ann Suhm, Alex D. Krieger, and Edward B. Jelks; and The Gilbert Site (Volume 37), by Edward B. Jelks. The bulletin usually contains papers on Texas archeology and related subjects as well as book reviews and obituaries; earlier volumes also carried society news and notes, which now appear in Texas Archeology, the society newsletter. Each volume of the Bulletin averages 200 to 300 pages and usually contains at least five papers; most articles are illustrated with photographs or line drawings. An index to Volumes 1–22 was published in 1953. The first two volumes (1929, 1930) used the spelling "Archaeological" rather than "Archeological." In 1987 the Bulletin began publishing a series of articles focusing on a particular region of Texas: "The Southern Texas Coast" (1987), "Lower Pecos and Eastern Trans-Pecos" (1988), "Texas Panhandle and Southern Plains" (1989), and "North Central Texas" (1993). In 1994 the editor was Timothy K. Perttula, and the Bulletin had a circulation of 1,700.