Bullock, TX


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bullock, a settlement around a station on the Wichita Falls and Southern Railway, was on what is now Farm Road 61 five miles west of Graham in central Young County. The school and railroad switch were named for John Crittendon Bullock, on whose ranch the station was built. During the 1930s the settlement supported a school, but by 1940–41 the nineteen students in grades one to eleven were attending school in Newcastle. The school and switch were gone by 1965, and Bullock was not identified on 1990 county maps.

L. G. Cook, The History of Education in Young County, Texas (N.p., n.d; Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin). Barbara Neal Ledbetter, Scrapbook of Young County (Graham, Texas: Graham News, 1966).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Bullock, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bullock-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bullock
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Young County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.14011600°
  • Longitude: -98.69565200°