Bunger, TX


By: William R. Hunt

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Bunger, on Farm Road 1287 eight miles south of Graham in southeastern Young County, was originally settled in 1872 by W. T. and Sam Bunger. A post office was established there in 1909, closed in 1920, reopened in 1921, and closed again in 1955. In 1940 Bunger comprised twenty-five residents and one store. From 1974 to 1990 its population was estimated at twenty-six. In 2000 the population was forty.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

William R. Hunt, “Bunger, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/bunger-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Bunger
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1378071
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Young County
Associated Names

Caseyville

Lin

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.01372880°
  • Longitude: -98.59394660°
Population Counts
People Year
24 2014