Buster, TX


By: Zelma Scott

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: November 1, 1994


Buster, on Farm Road 182 five miles south of Turnersville in northern Coryell County, was named for J. V. (Jack) Buster, who had a farm and ranch in the vicinity in 1872 and who gave land for a school in 1883. The school had sixty students and one teacher in 1904; it was consolidated with the Turnersville school in 1929. No evidence of Buster was shown on the 1988 county highway map.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Zelma Scott, “Buster, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 28, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/buster-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
November 1, 1994

Place
Buster
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Coryell County