Byrdtown is at the head of Brushy Creek, eight miles east of Paris and two miles northeast of Pattonville in eastern Lamar County. The area was inhabited by 1896, when Byrdtown School reported sixty-five students and one teacher. In 1936 the community had a school, a church, and a cluster of dwellings. By 1957 the school had been consolidated into the Blossom Independent School District. Maps for 1964 showed a few scattered dwellings at the site, which still appeared on maps in 1983.