Caddell, TX


By: Mark Odintz

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Caddell was on Caddell Creek and a country road twenty-five miles south of San Augustine in far southern San Augustine County. The community received a post office in 1890 and had a population of fifty by 1896. The Caddell school enrolled twenty-eight students in 1904. In 1940 the community had scattered dwellings, a cemetery, and a school. The site was inundated by Sam Rayburn Reservoir in the 1960s; Caddell Cove, an inlet on the lake, preserves the name of the community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Mark Odintz, “Caddell, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/caddell-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Caddell
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • San Augustine County