Caddo Creek (Harrison County)


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Caddo Creek rises three miles northwest of Elysian Fields in southeastern Harrison County (at 32°25' N, 94°12' W) and runs southwest for fourteen miles to its mouth on the Sabine River, two miles northeast of Grand Bluff in north central Panola County (at 32°18' N, 94°20' W). It was probably named for the Caddo Indians, who lived in the area until the mid-1800s. The local terrain is level to rolling and is surfaced by loams and clays that support dense patches of pine and hardwood trees. The land is used predominantly for agriculture.

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Caddo Creek (Harrison County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/caddo-creek-harrison-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994