Caddo Lake State Park, on Caddo Lake sixteen miles northeast of Marshall in Harrison County, comprises 478 acres, including an abandoned thirty-acre log pond. The park was first proposed in 1924, but progress was slow until the 1930s. Between 1933 and 1937 various individuals donated land; most notably, Thomas Jefferson Taylor II gave 385 acres. The park has picnicking, camping, boating, and fishing facilities, as well as nature and hiking trails. It also has a visitor center and museum with interpretive displays of Indian artifacts, pictures and specimens of native fish, wildlife, and birds, and wood samples of prominent trees of the region.