Caddo, TX (Milam County)


By: Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Caddo (Caddo Springs) was a farming community on Farm Road 2027 two miles northwest of Baileyville in northern Milam County. It was supposedly named for an Indian campground. Area schools were part of the Baileyville system until the early 1970s, when they were consolidated with the Rosebud Independent School District in Falls County.

Lelia M. Batte, History of Milam County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1956).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Vivian Elizabeth Smyrl, “Caddo, TX (Milam County),” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 22, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/caddo-tx-milam-county.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Caddo
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1353507
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Milam County
Associated Names

-Springs

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.08629450°
  • Longitude: -96.85109400°