Camp Cabell


Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Camp Cabell, a temporary United States military installation during the Spanish-American War, was located at Dallas and named for William Lewis Cabell, a Confederate general. The camp was occupied for a time by the Second Texas Volunteer Infantry.

Dallas Morning News, July 19, 1925.
Categories:
  • Exploration
  • Missions, Presidios, and Camps
Time Periods:
  • Late Nineteenth-Century Texas
Places:
  • Dallas/Fort Worth Region
  • Dallas
  • North Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Camp Cabell,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 24, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/camp-cabell.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

This entry belongs to the following Handbook Special Projects: