Camp Harney

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Camp Harney, a temporary military establishment near Bellville, Zapata County (see ZAPATA, TEXAS), opened in 1851 and was named for Col. William S. Harney.

Texas Almanac, 1936.

Time Periods:

  • Antebellum Texas

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Camp Harney,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 26, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/camp-harney.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading