Camp Llano

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Camp Llano, at the junction of Rock Creek and the Llano River in Mason County, was established by James M. Norris on March 29, 1862, as a ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. It was manned by members of the ranger company of Capt. H. T. Davis and engaged in scouting duty, probably until the consolidation of the Frontier Regiment in March 1864.

William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928).

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Camp Llano,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/camp-llano.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading