Camp McMillan

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Camp McMillan, at Hall's Spring at the head of Richland Creek in San Saba County, was established by James M. Norris on March 26, 1862, as a ranger station for the Frontier Regiment. Under command of Capt. N. D. McMillan, scouts served at the camp until the consolidation of the regiment in March 1864.

William Curry Holden, Frontier Problems and Movements in West Texas, 1846–1900 (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Texas, 1928).

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Anonymous, “Camp McMillan,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed January 19, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/camp-mcmillan.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Loading