Camp Merrill, on a site formerly known as Camp Casa Blanca on the south side of the Nueces River in northeastern Jim Wells County, was established in 1852. The camp may have been a subpost of Fort Merrill; both installations were named for Hamilton W. Merrill. The town of Casa Blanca later developed on the site.
Support Texas History Now
Join TSHA to support quality Texas history programs and receive exclusive benefits.
- Antebellum Texas
The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.
Anonymous, “Camp Merrill,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed October 21, 2020, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/camp-merrill.
Published by the Texas State Historical Association.