Campti, TX


By: Cecil Harper, Jr.

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Campti is on Farm Road 414 eight miles northeast of Center in northeastern Shelby County. It was founded about 1880 and named for Campti, Louisiana, the hometown of many of the early residents. Its post office was established in 1902 and discontinued in 1908. The town had a store, a church, a cemetery, and several houses in 1946, but by 1988 only the church, the cemetery, and a few widely scattered houses remained.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Cecil Harper, Jr., “Campti, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 25, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/campti-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Campti
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379497
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Shelby County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.82628260°
  • Longitude: -94.04019260°
Population Counts
People Year
25 2009