Cañada Verde, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994

Updated: July 28, 2020


Cañada Verde is at the junction of Farm roads 1303 and 3444, eight miles northwest of Floresville in western Wilson County. The site was settled around the time of the Civil War. A school was in operation there by 1896, when it had an enrollment of seventy-one. In the mid-1930s Cañada Verde had a school, a church, three stores, and a number of houses. After World War II its school was closed, but in the early 1990s a church and several businesses remained at the site. In 2000 the population was twenty-three.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Cañada Verde, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 23, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/canada-verde-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994
July 28, 2020

Place
Canada Verde
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
2034737
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Wilson County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 29.19218670°
  • Longitude: -98.27612220°
Population Counts
People Year
40 2009