Capps Corner, TX


By: Brian Hart

Type: General Entry

Published: 1976

Updated: December 1, 1994


Capps Corner is at the intersection of Farm roads 1956 and 677, fifteen miles northeast of Montague in extreme northeastern Montague County. The settlement was established about 1925 and named for E. G. (Cap) Adams. It was still listed as a community in 1990.

John Clements, Flying the Colors: Texas, a Comprehensive Look at Texas Today, County by County (Dallas: Clements Research, 1984).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Brian Hart, “Capps Corner, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 21, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/capps-corner-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1976
December 1, 1994

Place
Capps Corner
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1379504
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Montague County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.80232580°
  • Longitude: -97.50780100°
Population Counts
People Year
30 2009