Carroll Chapel, TX


By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Carroll Chapel, on State Highway 14 fourteen miles south of Corsicana in southern Navarro County, was established before 1900. By the early 1900s a school was in operation there, and in 1906 it had an enrollment of twenty-five. In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only the cemetery and a few scattered houses remained. In 1990 Carroll Chapel was a dispersed rural community.

Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Carroll Chapel, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 18, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/carroll-chapel-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Place
Carroll Chapel
Currently Exists
No
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1332199
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Navarro County
Coordinates
  • Latitude: 31.89182700°
  • Longitude: -96.44248140°