Carson, TX


By: David Minor

Type: General Entry

Published: 1952

Updated: December 1, 1994


Carson, originally Gum Springs, is on Farm Road 1396 ten miles northeast of Bonham in northeastern Fannin County. In the late nineteenth century the settlement served area farmers as a school and church community. Between 1898 and 1907 Carson had a post office and, at one time, a cotton gin. The population was estimated at twenty-two in 1990 and in 2000.

Fannin County Folks and Facts (Dallas: Taylor, 1977).
Places:
  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

David Minor, “Carson, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed May 29, 2022, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/carson-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

1952
December 1, 1994

Place
Carson
Currently Exists
Yes
Place Type
Town
USGS ID
1381600
Town Fields
  • Has post office: No
  • Is Incorporated: No
Belongs to
  • Fannin County
Associated Names

Gum Springs

Coordinates
  • Latitude: 33.70204610°
  • Longitude: -96.00580730°
Population Counts
People Year
22 2014