Carter's Mill, TX

By: Christopher Long

Type: General Entry

Published: December 1, 1994


Font size: A / A reset

Carter's Mill was six miles west of Longview near the site of present White Oak in central Gregg County. It was probably established after the Civil War. A post office operated there from 1877 until 1881. At its height in the early 1880s, the small settlement had a general store, a mill, and a number of houses. By 1900 the community no longer appeared on maps.

Places:

  • Communities

The following, adapted from the Chicago Manual of Style, 15th edition, is the preferred citation for this entry.

Christopher Long, “Carter's Mill, TX,” Handbook of Texas Online, accessed September 18, 2021, https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/carters-mill-tx.

Published by the Texas State Historical Association.

December 1, 1994

Loading